Metallics have been a huge trend for a while now, with gold and silver being the preferred décor hues it is always a hard choice which one to pick. However, this season you don’t have to choose just one. Matchy-matchy is out and mixing metallics is in. Mixing and matching can add elegance, richness, warmth, texture and contrast to your space and is très chic.
Metallics to consider gold, silver, nickel, iron, bronze, and copper. Of course, as with all decorating, you want to have balance. Depending on the type of look and feel you want to achieve, here are few ways to integrate and master metallic mixing:
1. Add a beautiful silver or gold tray on a coffee table, ottoman, or counter. Choose a few small decorative accessories, such as vases or candle holders. Mix and match china and glassware with a simple gold or silver pattern. It will bring a little touch of elegance while still having a contemporary look, and without feeling like you are living in Louis XIV’s palace.
2. Perhaps brush steel legs on a chair, sofa, or dining room and side tables. Again, it is a subtle way to update your look and add a bit of pop and personality to your space.
3. Try adding a beautiful gold, silver or bronze mirror on a wall or above a console; it is an excellent way to add that metallic décor touch. It can serve many purposes – art statement, functionality and creates the illusion of a larger space.
4. For that glam look, a luxurious metallic chandelier or lamp(s) to make your room shimmer and shine. Remember, there is not just gold and silver to choose from – brass and bronze lighting fixtures can add real drama and style. Just keep the style and look consistent and harmonious.
5. Don’t forget hardware for your kitchen and bathroom to add that pop and finished look. Changing the doorknobs, cabinets, sink faucets, etc. is one of the simplest and easiest ways to update your look and kick it up a notch.
Whether you want to ease into this trend, or go all in and take on the world of metallics, just have fun and mix away. Experimenting with metallics is a stylish way to add a little pizzazz to your space!
Bringing all the Ellements of Re:Design to you!